Strength in Community
- Physical conditioning for YOUR BODY
- Purpose driven work for YOUR MIND
- Improve CONFIDENCE and self-worth
- Increase agility, coordination and RESPECT
Renshi Lisa Can Guide You
- 4th Degree Black Belt in traditional karate
- Owner Bushido Karate Dojo since 2004
- 25 years training in Martial Arts
- The positive effects of karate will ripple out into your life
Karate Classes for Your Schedule
- Zoom live stream classes are private
- Renshi Lisa can see you and you can see her
- A schedule to meet your needs
- Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced classes
Stronger. Safer. Smarter. Together.
Courage is Rewarded in Our House
Do you have in-person KARATE classes?
YES. Yes we do!
We train in-person, online and outside.
Why are you all wearing face coverings outside?
Thanks for asking!
Especially because at the beginning of the class above I was about to allow everyone to spread out a little extra and take them off...and then this amazing thing happened.
A blue belt girl, in the back row paused. She is out of the frame for most of the video above. She is not 12 yet, and her dad is a Doctor. Her family has a strong internal dialogue and commitment to the benefits. She paused, put her hands to her ears, and then down without making a change.
I noticed. I asked her, "Do you not want to remove it?"
She nodded and said, "Yes."
"Then we all stay the same," was my response as we all re-looped them around our ears.
No one hesitated. No one argued. No one teased. That doesn't happen in our house.
I respected her strength and courage so much that I grabbed some tape and gave her a stripe for standing up for her beliefs.
After class, upon relaying the story to her Dad, he said, "Of all the stripes she has ever gotten, this one makes me the most proud."
Community and Culture. At BKD we believe in showing solidarity to the kids and respecting the dangers for the at-risk members of our Karate Family.
At Bushido Karate Dojo in Casco, Maine, we embrace a culture of SAFETY.
It's in our tagline: Stronger. Safer. Smarter. Together.
Won't you join us?
The Karate Dojo is Wherever YOU are!
Get Stronger. Feel Safer. Be Smarter. Train Together.
Traditional Okinawan karate
Safe training environment
Meet great people
Carve out time for you
Multiple locations available
Here is what you need for online training
Internet connection for Zoom classes.
Clear the floor space in front of your computer: 4 steps forward, 4 steps back and 2 steps side to side.
Wear a karate uniform if you have it, or a T-shirt and long pants that won't get under your bare feet.
Bushido Karate Dojo Memberships
Choose the best program for your schedule and your budget.
- Begin Your Path to BLACK BELT
- IN-PERSON Karate Classes at Molly Ockett, Fryeburg
- ONLINE Karate Classes in the comfort of your home
- ONLINE Karate Fitness Mon, Wed & Fri 6 am Eastern
- SBES Karate Register through Bridgton Recreation
- RES Karate Register through Raymond Recreation
Mentoring Workshops & More
- Pursue Your Path to BLACK BELT
- KARATE TRAINING at BKD in Casco
- UNLIMITED Online & In-person classes
- INCLUDES ACCESS to Advanced Classes
- INCLUDES ACCESS to All Leadership Workshops
- ATTEND BLACK BELT Business Academy Events