Strength in the Midst of Chaos
- Physical conditioning for YOUR BODY
- Purpose driven work for YOUR MIND
- Improve CONFIDENCE and self-worth
- Increase agility, coordination and RESPECT
Renshi Lisa Can Help You
- 4th Degree Black Belt in traditional karate
- Owner Bushido Karate Dojo since 2004
- 21 years teaching all ages and levels
- The positive effects of karate will ripple out into your life
Karate Classes in Your Home
- Zoom live stream classes are private
- Renshi Lisa can see you and you can see her
- A schedule to meet your needs
- Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced classes
The Karate Dojo is Wherever YOU are!
Stronger on your time. Safer in your space. Smarter for your life.
Traditional Okinawan karate
Safe training environment
Meet great people
Carve out time for you
Zero travel needed
Home for dinner every night
Here is what you need
Internet connection for Zoom classes.
Clear the floor space in front of your computer: 4 steps forward, 4 steps back and 2 steps side to side.
Wear a karate uniform if you have it, or a T-shirt and long pants that won't get under your bare feet.
Bushido Karate Virtual Dojo Membership
Unlimited access to all of our weekly programs and rank appropriate classes.
Bushido Karate Dojo
All Access Monthly Membership
- Unlimited access to all LIVE Classes
- LIVE Karate Classes Let's punch, kick and block together
- LIVE Tai Chi Classes Gentle movement. Stress relief
- LIVE Karate Workout Classes to make you stronger
- Archive of class replays, 100+ classes!
- Recorded lessons for every belt rank
- Kata Videos both learning and practice
- Belt Level Courses Hosted in Lifter LMS
- Martial Arts Journal to track your journey
- Martial Arts Workbook for history and concepts review
- Assistance from Senpai upon request
An Anchor in the storm
I began teaching after school kids karate programs in the Lakes Region of Maine, in 1999. In 2004, My husband Eric, daughter Jordan, son Nicholas and I became the owners of Bushido Karate Dojo.
Owning your own business is a lot like being a black belt. Perseverance is a skill, developed over time and it's the hard times that teach it the best.
I once felt trapped, like the giant in Gulliver's Travels; held down by many small ropes. However, I realized that these tethers were the connections I have with my students. Not trapping me, but connecting me to the commitments we'd made to each other.
A student is the anchor to the teacher.
This crisis will end. That is the nature of things. Much will change.
My hope is that my family and I may be an anchor for you and your family. Keeping you safe in the storm. Connected to each other and holding on tight.
Stronger. Safer. Smarter. Together.